Borrell Jover Arquitectura aims to achieve an energy performance certificate B rating or higher on all their projects, using sustainable sources to generate power, such as: biomass energy, geothermal energy and renewable heat technologies. The practice also applies passive sustainable strategies to projects while being designed. We use the latest digital tools available to comply with the regulations and improvement thereof: Edtools, Design Builder and HULC.
The practice follows the stages set out below to integrate an eco-design approach into the phases of design and development:
- Specify and recognise the purpose of the building to be designed.
- Define the key environmental aspects through assessment.
- Identify environmental enhancement strategies.
- Develop specific environmental goals.
- Develop actions to meet the goals.
- Review the process and assess the results.
From the environmental aspects that have been identified, each project is thoroughly analysed in order to work on specific eco-design proposals using digital tools. Eventually, an audit of the compliance with the targeted eco-design goals and strategies intended is carried out.